It was our little monster's (Miku) birthday last month and we decided some home-baked treats just for him! I wanted to share this recipe because it's super simple and easy to make with only three ingredients! (Plus...our cats went crazy for it!) Keep on reading to learn how to make your own tasty treats for your kitties!
1 Egg (Separated, we are only using the whites!)
1 Can of tuna
A Sprinkle of plain flour
Optional - A Sprinkle of catnip!
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Fahrenheit (76 degrees Celsius).
2. Beat the egg white in a dry, clean bowl until stiff peaks form. You can use an electric mixer to save your time, or if you don't have one just whip it up by hand! (An excuse to skip the gym for arm day!)
3. Drain the can of tuna (**It's important to get rid of as much moisture as you can!). Blend it up in a blender until it becomes a paste-like texture. Drain the moisture out again, if any, before transferring it into a larger bowl.
(If you don't have a blender, you can just mash the tuna down with a metal fork like I did!)
4. Fold in 1/3 of the egg white mixture in with the tuna until it's mixed evenly. Repeat this step until all the egg white is folded into the tuna mixture.
5. If the mixture is looking a little too watery, mix in a sprinkle of plain flour. The consistency should be paste-like.
6. (Optional) Add a pinch of catnip for that extra kick!
7. Take a pinch of the tuna mixture, roll it between your fingers to form a little ball and place it on a baking tray. (We rolled ours into 1cm little balls so it's easier for the monsters to eat.)
8. Bake the treats in the oven at 170 degrees Fahrenheit (76 degrees Celsius) for 15 minutes, or until the treats are dry to the touch.
9. Let the treats cool before offering them to your kitties! Enjoy!